This super easy Vegan Banana Bread is one of my favourite afternoon treats!
4 Ripe Bananas
120 gms. Coconut Oil
180 gms. Rapadura Sugar (or coconut sugar, maple syrup, sweetener of your choosing)
4 tsp No Egg Mixture (alternatively 2 whole eggs)
220 gms Spelt Flour
1 Pinch of Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
100 gms. Water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease or line a bread loaf tray… or muffin tray like mine
- Mash bananas into a mixing bowl
- Add sugar and coconut oil
- In a small bowl mix No Egg Mixture with 2 tbsp. of water, until an egg like consistency. Alternatively whisk 2 eggs
- Add egg mixture into the batter
- Fold in all remaining ingredients until well combined
- Pour batter into baking tray of choice
- Sprinkle a small amount of the topping mixture on top. Gently push topping into the batter.
- Bake bread loaf for 40-50 minutes (or until test skewer comes out clean). Bake muffin version for 15 minutes
- Let rest till cool and enjoy!